Roomba mop and vacuum setup is a very easy process with the help of iRobot Home app. Roomba mop and vacuum make your job of house cleaning easy. In fact, the iRobot vacuum and mop take up the complete cleaning job of your house. Roomba with mop helps you concentrate on other household tasks leaving behind the cleaning task to iRobot Roomba.
In this post, we will learn how to setup iRobot Roomba mop and vacuum. Make sure you read this post till the end in order to avoid facing any issues with the setup process.
iRobot Roomba wifi setup
To setup Roomba mop and vacuum with wifi, you first need to download the iRobot Home app on your mobile. Let’s go through the instructions.
- First of all, you need to download the iRobot Home app on your mobile device. Android users need to download from Play Store and iOS users need to download from App Store.
- Now place the home base charging station in an area with good wifi signals.
- After this, place the Roomba on the home base and plug it into the power socket.
- Make sure adequate power is supplied to the iRobot mop and vacuum.
- Now you need to connect Roomba to wifi.
- The iRobot Home app will display the WiFi network SSID that your mobile is connected to.
- Confirm the WiFi network that you would like to use further.
- Now, enter the network key of your wifi network and the iRobot Home app will attempt to connect Roomba to WiFi.
Activate Roomba mop and vacuum
- Activate the Roomba mop by pressing the Home and SPOT Clean simultaneously.
- Make sure to hold both the buttons for at least 2 seconds.
- You will come across a series of tones and Roomba will flash a free WiFi light.
Start a cleaning cycle with iRobot mop and vacuum
- Now that you have successfully set up the Roomba mop and vacuum, you are all set to use it.
- The device will map each room and clean your floors during one cleaning cycle.
- Once your device reaches the maximum capacity within its dustbin, it automatically returns to the home base.
- After returning to the home base, the Roomba will recharge itself.
- Once it is completely recharged, it empties the debris from the dustbin.
- Moreover, the debris will be automatically deposited into a disposable bag that is kept inside the base station.
- After this, the device will again start cleaning from where it left off cleaning last.
iRobot vacuum and mop showing issues
Is your Roomba mop showing multiple issues after being successfully set up? Don’t worry! You can easily fix all the issues your device has come across. Before that, let’s learn all the possible issues your device may come across while doing its job.
- Roomba showing software issues.
- iRobot mop and vacuum showing battery issues.
- Automatic deletion of cleaning schedules.
- Inability to load the launcher.
- Issues while executing cleaning cycles.
When your device comes across any of the aforementioned issues, it is the right time to reset iRobot Roomba. In the next section, we will learn how to reset Roomba mop and vacuum.
How to reset iRobot Roomba?
Though it is very easy to reset iRobot to factory default settings using the iRobot Home app, there is also another method to reset Roomba mop and vacuum. The alternate method to reset Roomba mop is the push button or reset button. Here are both the methods to reset iRobot Roomba to its factory default settings.
How to reset Roomba using iRobot Home app?
- To reset iRobot Roomba using the iRobot Home app, you need to take your smartphone handy.
- Open the iRobot Home app on your device and go to the settings.
- Scroll down and you will see the Factory Reset Roomba option on the screen.
- Tap the button and the factory reset process on your Roomba will initiate.
How to reset Roomba using the reset button?
- This method will work on a majority of Roomba models. If it does not work for you, get in touch with the support team.
- Press and hold the DOCK, SPOT CLEAN, and CLEAN buttons altogether.
- After a few seconds, you will hear a few sounds from the Roomba robot.
- Release the button and wait while your device reboots.
- This is a hard reset method so all the settings from your device will be set to default or original settings.
This was all about the Roomba mop and vacuum setup using iRobot Home app. We hope this post helped you learn how to setup and reset iRobot Roomba device easily using multiple methods. If you encounter any issues with your Roomba device, please get in touch with our Roomba support team. Make sure you do not troubleshoot the serious issues on your own as it can land you in serious trouble with your device.